- 12 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- few drops vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3/4 cup corn flour
- 2 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut, soaked in 1/2 cup boiling water
- 4 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut, toasted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12-hole muffin pan with paper liners. Place all the cake ingredients in a food processor and whiz until smooth, or beat together in a large bowl.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper liners and place in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden and risen. Remove the cakes from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Place the butter and confectioners’ sugar in a bowl and beat together until pale and creamy, then stir in the toasted coconut. Spread a little frosting on each cake.