- 1 pound apricots, dried
- 4 quarts water, warm
- 6½ cups sugar
- 2¼ cups brown sugar
- 1½ cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 oranges, thinly sliced
- ½ cup yeast
- Wash apricots several times changing water with each wash.
- Dry and cut in halves.
- Place in a large crock and pour on warm water, reserving ½ cup to dissolve [yeast]] cake.
- Stir in sugars, fruit, raisins and ginger.
- Add dissolved yeast and mix well.
- Cover with top of the crock and let stand for 30 days, stirring mixture every other day.
- After 30 days, strain mixture and bottle.