- 4-1/2 tsp active dried yeast
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 cup milk, warmed
- 1 cup rice flour plus extra for dusting
- 1 cup potato flour
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- pinch salt
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 tbsp canned tomatoes, crushed
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 3oz wafer-thin ham, shredded
- handful fresh basil, chopped
- Place the yeast, sugar and milk in a bowl and set aside for about 10 minutes, until frothy. In a large bowl, stir together the flours, baking powder, xanthan gum and the salt.
- ix the oil and egg into the yeast mixture and pour this into the flour mixture, using a fork to bring the mixture together. Tip it out onto a surface dusted lightly with rice flour and knead for 5 minutes, adding a little flour if the mixture becomes sticky. Place in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for about 40 minutes, or until well risen.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. On the floured surface, roll the dough out to a rectangle approximately 12×10 inches, spread with the crushed tomatoes, then sprinkle over the other toppings. Roll the pizza up from one long edge, then slice into eight pieces.
- Place the rolled-up scrolls, side by side, on a lightly oiled heavy baking sheet. They should be pushed up against each other so the sides are touching. Place in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, until golden.