- 1pkg (12oz) uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1.25 lbs lean ground beef or Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 jar (26oz) marinara sauce
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes in juice
- 4 eggs
- 1 container (32oz) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8oz) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (2oz) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp snipped fresh parsley or 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Place chopped onions and ground beef in skillet. Cook and stir over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking beef into small crumbles. Press garlic into beef mixture. Stir in pasta cause and tomatoes; remove from heat.
- In mixing bowl, lightly beat eggs with a whisk. Add cheeses, parsley, salt and black pepper; mix well.
- To assemble lasagna, place cooked pasta into the bottom of a 13×9 pan. Top with meat mixture. Spoon ricotta mixture over sauce; spread evenly. Bake uncovered, 1 hour or until ricotta mixture is set and lightly browned.