- 1/4 cup water
- 1 chai tea bag OR black tea bag
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, preferably Dutch-process
- 2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- sweetened whipped cream
- 2 (3 inch) cinnamon sticks
- Bring the water to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Add the tea bag, cover, and remove from the heat.
- Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove the tea bag and stir in the sugar and cocoa.
- Return to the stove over medium heat and bring just to a boil.
- Mix in the milk, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Heat through but do not boil.
- Pour into mugs and top with whipped cream and a cinnamon stick garnish.