- 1 (9oz) pkg of devil’s food cake mix
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 3 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup coffee liqueur
- 1-1/2 cups whipped topping
- 8oz mascarpone or cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray cups of a mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. For cakes, combine cake mix, sour cream, egg, coffee granules and water in bowl; mix well. Place 1 tbsp of batter into each muffin cup. Bake 8 – 10 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, place whipped topping into large resealable plastic bag; secure and set aside. For filling, combine cheese, sugar and vanilla in clean bowl; mix until smooth using clean scraper. Place filling into an additional resealable plastic bag; secure and set aside.
- Remove pan from oven to cooling rack. Press tops of cakes with lightly floured mini-tart shaper to make slight indentations; cool 2 minutes. Remove cakes from pan to cooling rack. Brush tops with coffee liqueur using a basting brush; cool completely.
- Trim corners of both bags. Pipe folling over cakes. Pipe whipped topping over filling. Sprinkle with cocoa powder, if desired.