- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 (16oz) cans refried beans
- 2 8 oz cans of black olives, diced
- 1 small jar pepper rings (pick your favorite poison)
- taco seasoning
- 1 bag round tortilla chips
- 2 bags shredded mexican-style cheese
- large (64 oz, say) jar of salsa
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Spread a layer of chips on the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish, enough to cover the bottom to a layer of 2-3 chips deep (but not too deep, it’s going to be a bottom crust…).
- Mix 1-1/2 cups of salsa and refried beans in a bowl. Microwave bowl long enough to heat beans and spread bean mixture on chips, add a layer of shredded cheese, and heat in oven long enough to melt cheese.
- Cook ground beef, drain, and add 1/4 cup of taco seasoning and just enough water to make it not dry (say 1/2 cup)
- Remove pan from oven, add ground beef, and another layer of cheese; heat in oven again to melt cheese.
- Remove pan from oven, add a layer of salsa, black olives, and pepper rings; top with more cheese (mmm, mm, good), and heat until melty. Serve…may require a spoon; holds its shape better the next day