- 1 medium onion, about 1 cup finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 lb lean ground beef
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 6 slices American cheese
- 8 hot dog buns
- 24 hamburger dill pickle slices (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Finely chop onion and parsley. Combine beef, onion, parsley, garlic and salt in a bowl; mix well. Press beef mixture evenly over bottom of a large bar pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, cut cheese into quarters; set aside. Slice buns apart neatly at seams (do not separate tops from bottoms). Trim about 1/4 inch from each bun end to square off ends (discard trimmings). cut buns into thirds for a total of 24 square mini buns, set aside.
- Remove bar pan from oven. Pour off juices, if necessary, and place on a cooling rack. Cut beef mixture into 24 squares using a pizza cutter. Top each burger with one pickle and one piece of cheese. Place one bun top onto each burger; top with one bun bottom. Cover bar pan with aluminum foil and bake 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and buns are warm.
- To serve, place one burger with bun top onto one bun bottom using a mini spatula. Repeat with remaining burgers and bun bottoms. Serve immediately.